UCBHFA currently seeks to recruit a competent, professional, dynamic and experienced individual to fill the position of a National Coordinator .The position is based in Kampala.
Purpose of the Job:
Over all, the National Coordinator is the CEO and will be responsible for providing day to day lead and undertake all necessary tasks related to management, implementation and monitoring of UCBHFA Programs.
Responsibilities: The ideal candidate’s responsibility will include, but not limited to the following:
- Runs the secretariat.
- Participate in resource mobilization by developing fundable proposals.
- Coordinate training and capacity building for Member organization.
- Provide technical advisory service/ assistance to member organization.
- Draw advocacy plans and carry out advocacy on Community Health Insurance on behalf of UCBHFA.
- Facilitate development of systems and to monitor the implementation of activities.
- Undertake quarterly and annual reporting to both the donors and Board of Directors.
- Submit quarterly and annual work plans and budgets to the board for approval.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should have:
- At least 3- 4 years relevant experience in a senior position from a reputable organization.
- At least a masters’ degree in Public health, Social sciences, Business Administration or other related discipline.
- Excellent advocacy skills.
- Proven leader with excellent people – management and influencing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure on own initiative and within agreed budgets.
Application Procedure Interested persons should submit a copy of their application which should include a detailed CV with three references, cover letter, copies of academic and professional certificates and day time telephone contacts to: Board Secretary, UCBHFA, Plot 245, Nateete Wakaliga Road.P.O.BOX, 830, Kampala. Or Email at email@example.com
Not later than Friday 5.00 PM, 7th December 2012. Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Post 2: Accounts Assistant
Reporting To: The National Coordinator
- Maintain proper books of accounts.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions including regular cash verification, writing of cheques, bank and cash balance reconciliation.
- Consolidating all expense sheets reviewing them and submitting them to the National Coordinator.
- To ensure security and manage cash, gather data for monthly cash needs forecasts each month.
- Ensure that all financial internal controls are operating well in accordance with the UCBHFA guidelines and donor requirements.
- To advise the National Coordinator on financial matters.
- Facilitate external and internal audits.
- Plan and construct project budgets, in collaboration with other staff.
- Monitor all project expenditure planning and ensure project spending is in line with approved budgets.
- Prepare and administer the monthly payroll for staff, ensuring UCBHFA complies with the legal requirements concerning tax payments and social security payments.
- Ensure procurement is done according to set guidelines, and proper asset management is done.
- Minimum qualification is a diploma in Accounting or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 years working experience in accounts work.
- Having completed some levels of ACCA is an added advantage.
- Computer literate in MS office.
- Competency is computer based accounting systems (experience in the use of Pearl accounting package is an added advantage).
- A Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a person with integrity and good track record
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
Post 3: Program assistant
Reporting To: National Coordinator
Under the direct supervision of the National Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the implementation of the secretariat program activities. More specifically shall perform the following tasks:
- Assisting in the preparation of program related documents including reports, work plans, proposals and reports.
- Provide administrative and logistical support and arrangements for national and international meetings, missions, workshops, seminars, etc. (including the preparation of meeting documentation);
- Assisting in follow-ups for meetings and seminars;
- Assists the National Coordinator in coordinating community based health-financing initiatives nationally and ensure that all programs are effectively implemented.
- Compile and analyze data from the member organizations and make regular reports to the National Coordinator.
- Ensure Proper maintenance of information on member organisations, and regularly update the membership directory and database.
- Assist the National Coordinator in ensuring lesson learning on CBHF among member organisations.
- Identify member organisation training needs and ensure their integration into secretariat programs.
- Other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- A minimum of a degree in health promotion, community development, nursing, social sciences, business administration, or any other related field.
- Skills in project planning and management, proposal development and reports writing.
- Experience in community development, insurance, or health program work in rural areas.
- Must be a person with integrity, a team player, innovative, has good communication skills, and is willing to learn.
- Computer literate in MS office.
- At least 1 years working experience, preferably in an NGO.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applications with a cover letter, a CV, copies of transcripts and certificates, together with the applicant’s telephone and E. mail contact, address and contacts of 3 referees (at least one work related) should be delivered to the address below, not later than 30th November 2010. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
UCBHFA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are also encouraged to apply.
The National Coordinator
Uganda Community Based Health Financing Association
Plot 245 Block 1, Rubaga Wakaliga Road (Opp. Rubiri SSS)
P.O Box 830 Kampala
Tel: 0312 262013, Fax 0312 262013