Major achievements of your network include:
- Enrollment of new members to the Association
- With support from members, developed and presented the CHI fraternity Position Paper on the proposed NHIS bill.
- Scheme managers’ meetings where learnings of what works takes place leading to improved performance.
- Improved working relations with all CHF stakeholders and local government in Uganda
- UCBHFA and its member organizations used as a source of information on CHF development for researchers and promoters.
- Initiated, started and sustained CHF schemes amidst Government’s free health services.
- Inadequate growth of schemes
- Inadequate management capacities especially at scheme level
- Limited geographical coverage of schemes; schemes are not yet initiated in Eastern and Northern Uganda
- Limited resources which slows down the implementation of programs
- Absence of a standard management information system limiting the generation and effective processing of schemes’ information
- Inadequate advocacy skills causing limited engagement at various levels.